There’s no doubt that as fall comes along, Vancouver turns into Raincouver. As far as your asphalt driveway paving is concerned, it’s important to take the necessary precautions in order to keep it safe and protected from the damage of wet weather.
How does rain affect your driveway?
- When water seeps into the cracks and freezes during the winter, it expands them and creates further problems.
- When water seeps into potholes and cracks, it gets deep underneath the foundation and causes it to weaken and deteriorate.
- When water washes against the side of your driveway, it seeps into the ground and causes your driveway to sink. This is how potholes form.
Now let’s take a look at some of the things you can do to prolong the life of your asphalt driveway paving.
Just as with anything, asphalt begins to deteriorate, with driveways usually requiring replacement between 10 to 20 years depending on how you care for it. Deterioration happens due to exposure to water, chemicals, sunshine, traffic and other aspects of weathering and daily wear and tear. You’ll begin to notice hairline cracks and the original colour of your paving fading from black to a light grey. For maximum performance and the longest life possible, however, you’ll want to sealcoat your driveway.
For a sealcoating service, you’ll want to choose professionals who will take the time and effort to complete your driveway paving with the utmost attention to detail. For more information about how we work and our rates, feel free to get in touch with us.
What are the benefits of sealcoating your driveway?
- Prevents water seeping beneath the surface
- Slows oxidization deterioration
- Protects the asphalt binder from deteriorating due to gasoline and oil exposure
- Makes the surface skid & slip resistant
- Makes your driveway more flexible to any shifts in the Earth beneath it
- Makes cleaning easier
- Prolongs the life of your driveway
- An economically-safe option
If you’re in need of a fresh sealcoat for your driveway, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We would be more than happy to help you by giving you a quote and taking a look at your driveway in person.